Save Energy at School
The Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity offers a full suite of energy efficiency programs for Illinois public sector facilities. Your school may qualify for any or all of the following ILLINOIS ENERGY NOW programs:
Free Products & Services
- Savings Through Efficiency Products (STEP): Sign up for a free on-site school assessment and receive high-quality, easy-to-install energy savings products.
- Assessments: Learn more about how your school facilities use energy and opportunities for improvement with a building energy assessment tailored to your needs.
- Tune-Ups: Retrocommissioning can help identify measures to improve the control, scheduling, and operation of school building systems. Customers can also focus on heating system efficiency, with a comprehensive boiler tune-up.
- Technical & Application Assistance: Includes school building design review and consultation, guidance and consulting for energy savings performance contracts (ESPC), assistance with rebate and grant applications.
- Training & Education: Online trainings, in-person workshops, and certification courses, for a wide range of energy efficiency topics; includes rebates for national Building Operator Certification training.